The Certificate Program for Non-Professional ESOP Fiduciaries
September 11th-12th, 2017 Kent, OH
Presented in partnership with The Beyster Institute
The Ohio Employee Ownership Center is proud to announce that we have partnered with the Beyster Institute to bring their popular and well regarded program for Non-Professional ESOP Fiduciaries to Ohio.
One of the fundamental resources of the employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) movement is the large group of dedicated, well-intentioned people who agree to serve as trustees or other fiduciaries on behalf of their company’s ESOP. If you are one of those dedicated people, you have undoubtedly felt the concern that is inevitable when taking on that sort of responsibility. The Beyster Institute at UCSD has developed a special intensive education program to help relieve some of that concern – the Certificate Program for Non-Professional ESOP Fiduciaries.
This program is not just another seminar or conference; it is a comprehensive, and demanding, certificate program that prepares you and your fellow in-house fiduciaries with the knowledge and training you need to do the job.
And here is what some of your peers say about the event:
“Thanks to the entire Beyster team at UCSD! The course provided the education we all need to be successful and effective ESOP trustees for our companies. I feel better educated on what is and isn’t our responsibility as trustee. I feel empowered!”
Ramona Alms, ESOP trustee and CFO, Dini Spheris, Houston, TX
“I feel hugely more empowered to make decisions that won’t get my company into trouble! Very much worth the time away from the office.”
Liesl Deck, ESOP trustee and financial controller, GSI Water Solutions, Portland, OR
“Very useful and thoughtful program. I appreciate the knowledge, professionalism and wisdom in the room – Wow!”
Jon Fredricks, president, The Welk Group, Inc., Escondido, CA
“I feel better prepared for my role as ESOP trustee – and nice to know I’ve earned a certificate!”
Deanna Hansen, internal trustee, Environmental Science Associates, Los Angeles, CA
“I wanted to thank you for a great class. I really enjoyed it and feel like I walked away smarter and better suited to act as a trustee.”
Ryan Scally, publications manager, Parametrix, Bellevue, WA
“Thanks Beyster team … you guys rock! And the biggest treat was how great my fellow classmates were!”
William Schlichter, CEO and trustee, EMN Defense Systems, San Diego, CA
Course content includes:
- A review of the standards for appropriate fiduciary action given the potential range of decisions that will have to be made.
- Small group work to assure that students grasp the full nature and responsibilities of the role.
- In-depth exploration of the practical responsibilities that fiduciaries must deal with in their role.
- Examination of a wide range of fiduciary decision-making situations, with practical guidance from our faculty and guest experts.
- Download Agenda Here!
- Martin Staubus, Executive Director, Beyster Institute at the Rady School of Management, UC San Diego
- Tony Matthews, Employee Ownership Consultant, Beyster Institute at the Rady School of Management, UC San Diego
- Dale Vlasek, Attorney, McDonald Hopkins LLC
- Davin Gustafson, Valuator and CPA, Apple Growth Partners
- Neil M. Brozen, Trustee Specialist, Ventura ESOP Fiduciary Services
(After Aug 15, 2017 the registration fee will be $1200 and $1,595 respectively)