The Certificate Program for Non-Professional ESOP Fiduciaries
September 11th-12th, 2017 Kent, OH
Presented in partnership with The Beyster Institute
The Ohio Employee Ownership Center is proud to announce that we have partnered with the Beyster Institute to bring their popular and well regarded program for Non-Professional ESOP Fiduciaries to Ohio.
One of the fundamental resources of the employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) movement is the large group of dedicated, well-intentioned people who agree to serve as trustees or other fiduciaries on behalf of their company’s ESOP. If you are one of those dedicated people, you have undoubtedly felt the concern that is inevitable when taking on that sort of responsibility. The Beyster Institute at UCSD has developed a special intensive education program to help relieve some of that concern – the Certificate Program for Non-Professional ESOP Fiduciaries.
Course content includes:
- A review of the standards for appropriate fiduciary action given the potential range of decisions that will have to be made.
- Small group work to assure that students grasp the full nature and responsibilities of the role.
- In-depth exploration of the practical responsibilities that fiduciaries must deal with in their role.
- Examination of a wide range of fiduciary decision-making situations, with practical guidance from our faculty and guest experts.
- Martin Staubus, Executive Director, Beyster Institute at the Rady School of Management, UC San Diego
- Tony Matthews, Employee Ownership Consultant, Beyster Institute at the Rady School of Management, UC San Diego
- Dale Vlasek, Attorney, McDonald Hopkins LLC
- Davin Gustafson, Valuator and CPA, Apple Growth Partners
- Neil M. Brozen, Trustee Specialist, Ventura ESOP Fiduciary Services
(After Aug 15, 2017 the registration fee will be $1200 and $1,595 respectively)