The National Center for Employee Ownership revealed the 100 largest majority Employee-Owned Companies in America.To qualify for this list, companies must be at least 50% employee owned.
Three ESOP companies from Ohio made the list;
- Zandex Health Care in Zanesville, OH
- Davey Tree Expert in Kent, OH (100% employee owned)
- Risbeck Food Markets in St. Clairsville, OH
Click here to view the article and the full list of 100 companies on the NCEO webpage.
In March and April of 2012, the OEOC offered five one-hour webinars covering a variety of topics and presented by experienced professionals. These webinars present a convenient way to learn about important ESOP topics from your computer.
The following archived webinars are now available;
- Basic ESOP Administration Primer
- Repurchase Obligations: Moving From Study To Strategy
- Avoiding the Seven Deadly SIns in setting up an ESOP
- ESOP Benefit Distributions… a Critical Administratie Issue
- Valuation – a Black Box Demystification… Understanding the ESOP Valuation Report
For more information and to view any of these recordings, click here.
Ohio’s Employee-Owned Network (a program of the OEOC) is sponsoring a CEO/CFO Forum & Dinner for leaders in employee-owned companies on Wednesday, May 16, 5:30 P.M. – 8:30 P.M. in Ashtabula. The Forum and Dinner is being hosted by Ric Selip, CEO, and Donny Chaplin, Vice President of Grand River Rubber and Plastics. The Dinner portion of the program is being held at the facilities of the Spire Institute in nearby Geneva, OH.
In addition to the Forum and Dinner, there is a 4:30 P.M. tour of the Grand River facility.
For questions, email Jay Simecek or call the OEOC at 330-672-3028.