Join your fellow employee owners and a roster of ESOP experts at our new series of webinars. The webinars cover a range of issues, relevant for those considering setting up an ESOP, new ESOP companies, and and mature ESOPs.
Click the title for more information and to register.
- June 25th, 2014 – S Corporation Issues 1 – Mark Swanson, Crowe Horwath, Columbus OH
- July 9th, 2014 – Understanding Your ESOP Statement and Stock Valuation – Carl Sheeler, Berkeley Research Group, LLC, San Diego CA
- July 16th, 2014 – S Corporation Issues 2 – Dave Gustafson, Apple Growth Partners, Akron OH
- July 23rd, 2014 – ABCs of ESOPs for New Participants – Mark Mills, Mills Potoczak, Columbus OH
- July 30th, 2014 – Age 55 Diversification 101 – Mark Swanson, Crowe Horwath, Columbus OH
- August 6th, 2014 – Repurchase Obligation 1: Design Your Plan for Success – Dave Gustafson, Apple Growth Partners, Akron OH
- August 13th, 2014 – Repurchase Obligation 2: Financing Options
- Alberto del Pilar, Butcher Joseph Hayes, St. Louis MO
- August 20th, 2014 – Internal or External Trustee? – Harvey Katz, FoxRothschild, New York NY
- August 27th 2014 – Your Responsibilities as an Internal Trustee – Martin Staubus, Beyster Institute San Diego CA
- September 3rd, 2014 – Managing Your New ESOP Company
- Martin Staubus, Beyster Institute San Diego CA
- September 10th, 2014 – Managing Your Mature ESOP Company – Jeffrey S. Buettner, Butcher Joseph Hayes, St. Louis MO
- September 17th, 2014 – ABCs of ESOPs for Selling Owners and Their Advisors – Tim Jochim, Schatz Brown Glassman Kossow LLP, Columbus OH
Registration is FREE for member companies of Ohio’s Employee-Owned Network; $60 for each participant from non-member companies.
Registrants will be invoiced by the OEOC.
We invite employee-owners to take part in October’s three webinar sessions covering a variety of topics presented by some of the most experienced, knowledgeable, and dynamic professionals in the ESOP community.
October 1, 2013 10 AM – Accounting 101 for ESOP companies
This webinar will focus on the financial statement impact for partial and fully owned ESOP companies. It will detail the balance sheet and income statement impact, as well as the disclosure requirements for such companies. – Presented by Bill Schramm and Pete Chudyk, Moloney & Novotny
October 10, 2013 10 AM – Administering Your ESOP
In today’s challenging economic environment, members of a company’s Board of Directors, corporate officers, ESOP trustees and ESOP committee members need to make sure that they properly understand their roles and responsibilities. – Presented by Sharon Hearn and Alex Mounts, Krieg Devault
October 16, 2013 10 AM – ESOP’s – Just another Benefit? How is your ESOP part of the overall “rewards & benefit” program at your company?
Your total Benefits and Rewards package is an important expenditure for your business. This session will explore the options when structuring a comprehensive benefit and compensation plan for your company. – Presented by Dan Riemenschneider, Bruner-Cox
For more information on any of the webinars, visit the Network Webinar page.
Fall Network Schedule:
Our next series of webinars begins next week with a presentation on Department of Labor regulations related to ESOPs, presented by Dale R. Vlasek, Attorney.
Register now to take advantage of this convenient and economical way to learn from some of the most experience, knowledgeable, and dynamic professionals in the ESOP Community.
- March 6, 10 AM – DOL Enforcement and ESOPs; Current Issues – Presented by Dale R. Vlasek, Attorney, McDonald Hopkins LLC. View archived video
- March 8, 10 AM – Explaining Ownership Culture – Presented by Christopher Mackin, President, Ownership Associates, Inc. View archived video
- March 12, 10 AM – An Appraisers Perspective on Acquisitions – Presented by Davin Gustafson, Principal, Apple Growth Partners. View archived video
Learn more about the webinar series.
To answer any questions you may have, or for further information concerning these events please contact Jay Simecek or Chris Cooper at the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, 330-672-3028.
In March and April of 2012, the OEOC offered five one-hour webinars covering a variety of topics and presented by experienced professionals. These webinars present a convenient way to learn about important ESOP topics from your computer.
The following archived webinars are now available;
- Basic ESOP Administration Primer
- Repurchase Obligations: Moving From Study To Strategy
- Avoiding the Seven Deadly SIns in setting up an ESOP
- ESOP Benefit Distributions… a Critical Administratie Issue
- Valuation – a Black Box Demystification… Understanding the ESOP Valuation Report
For more information and to view any of these recordings, click here.
The Aspen Institute is now host to the largest online academic repository of teaching and background materials on employee ownership. The resource, the Curriculum Library on Employee Ownership (CLEO) includes an impressive array of books, articles, case studies, and teaching materials on everything employee ownership. CLEO was a collaborative effort of the Aspen Institute’s Center for Business Education, the Foundation for Enterprise Development and the Employee Ownership Foundation.
It is definitely worth a look!
I just posted on our website a listing of our new series of webinars for business owners. And the best part is that through the support of the Ohio Department of Development and the US Department of Agriculture, they are still free to attend. The webinars cover a range of topics, including business succession planning, cooperative formation, and just plain good business planning.
The session dates and times are as follows:
- May 26th, 2011, 10 am – Joint Leadership Teams: Why It’s a Smart Way of Doing Business – Presented by Sandra Kennedy, Jim Cowles, & Sandra Simon of the Ohio Labor-Management Cooperation Program
- May 26th, 2011, 2 pm – Successful Business Cooperative Models in Practice – presented by Scott Bagley of the Center for Cooperative Forest Enterprises
- June 2nd, 2011 , 10 am – Transitioning a Private Business to a Worker Co-op – Presented by Roy Messing of the Cooperative Development Center at Kent State University
- June 7th, 2011, 10 AM – Charitable Planning and Business Succession: How Giving It Away Helps You Keep More – Presented by Laura J. Malone, Director of Gift Planning at AEF (American Endowment Foundation)
- June 9th, 2011, 10 AM – Steps for Organizing a Worker Cooperative – Presented by Roy Messing of the Cooperative Development Center at Kent State University
- June 16th, 2011, 10 AM – Best Practices When Your Business is in Conflict or Turmoil – Presented by Jack Veale, President of PTCFO, Inc.
Building on my previous post, we just so happen to be offering a free hour-long webinar this Friday on “Selling A Business To An Employee-Owned Cooperative: Doing the Deal.” The speaker is Mark Stewart, a lawyer and cooperative expert, and primary author of Ohio’s current cooperative law. The best part is, the webinar is free. Can’t beat that…