I just posted on our website a listing of our new series of webinars for business owners. And the best part is that through the support of the Ohio Department of Development and the US Department of Agriculture, they are still free to attend. The webinars cover a range of topics, including business succession planning, cooperative formation, and just plain good business planning.
The session dates and times are as follows:
- May 26th, 2011, 10 am – Joint Leadership Teams: Why It’s a Smart Way of Doing Business – Presented by Sandra Kennedy, Jim Cowles, & Sandra Simon of the Ohio Labor-Management Cooperation Program
- May 26th, 2011, 2 pm – Successful Business Cooperative Models in Practice – presented by Scott Bagley of the Center for Cooperative Forest Enterprises
- June 2nd, 2011 , 10 am – Transitioning a Private Business to a Worker Co-op – Presented by Roy Messing of the Cooperative Development Center at Kent State University
- June 7th, 2011, 10 AM – Charitable Planning and Business Succession: How Giving It Away Helps You Keep More – Presented by Laura J. Malone, Director of Gift Planning at AEF (American Endowment Foundation)
- June 9th, 2011, 10 AM – Steps for Organizing a Worker Cooperative – Presented by Roy Messing of the Cooperative Development Center at Kent State University
- June 16th, 2011, 10 AM – Best Practices When Your Business is in Conflict or Turmoil – Presented by Jack Veale, President of PTCFO, Inc.